Royal Lahaina Luau
The Royal Lahaina Luau – Myths of Maui – invites you for a special evening of celebrating Hawaiian and Polynesian culture. Located right on scenic Ka'anapali Beach, this Maui luau has it all: a gorgeous setting overlooking a sunset over the ocean, a delicious luau buffet dinner, a full open bar and fabulous live entertainment.
Your evening begins with a warm shell lei greeting, after which you can enjoy tropical drinks and take in the views. Then witness the imu ceremony, in which the main course of the evening, the kalua roast pig, is taken out of the imu, the traditional earthen oven. The all-you-care-to-eat buffet dinner has something for everyone, from kalua pork, teriyaki chicken and island fish, to beef stir fry and other island favorites. There is even a special menu for little ones, so no one will leave hungry.
After the big feast, enjoy a dynamic Polynesian revue featuring music and dances from the Hawaiian Islands, as well as Tahiti, Samoa and Aotearoa (New Zealand). The show culminates with the awe-inspiring Samoan fire-knife dance.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar, & luau show.
VIP Upgrade: The VIP upgrade includes premium front section seating, a fresh flower lei for women and a kukui nut lei for men, and priority access to the dinner buffet & open bar.
Show Only: See the show without the dinner portion! The
Show only package includes an aloha shell lei greeting, open seating (no
VIP Upgrade available), and open bar!
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Island's only keiki buffet
- Live Hawaiian music
- Free photo opportunities with the luau dancers
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
Vegetarian (V), Gluten Free (GF)
- Green Salad (V/GF)
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island (V) or Papaya Seed Dressing (V/GF)
- Banana Mandarin Macadamia Nut Salad (V/GF): Fruit Salad
including Banana, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut Flakes, Macadamia Nuts mixed
together with Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salad (V): Combination of Elbow Macaroni Nodles, Mayonnaise, Shredded Carrots, Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- Asian Shrimp Salad: Fresh Watercress, Bean Sprouts,
Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Onions and Shrimp with
- Cucumber Namasu (V/GF): Tangy Asian Mixture of Cucumber, Carrots, Onions and Rice Vinegar
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (GF): Hawaiian Recipe of Salted Salmon, Onions and Tomatoes
- Poi (V/GF): Hawaiian Delicacy, Pounded Taro Root with Water
- Pan Fried Noodles (V): Chow Mein Noodles Pan Fried with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chives and Soy Sauce
- Fried Rice (V/GF): Rice, Pan Fried with Peas, Carrots, Garlic, Onions and Soy Sauce
- Huli Chicken on Veggie Long Rice Noodles (GF): Recipe of Chicken,
Veggies and Long Rice Noodles Marinated in an Asian Influenced Sauce and
- Sesame Honey Island Fish w/ Spinach and Mango Coconut Sauce (GF):
Sesame & Honey Basted Fish Broiled on Spinach, Topped with a Mango
Coconut Cream Sauce
- Kalua Pork (GF): Roasted Pork Cooked in the Imu, Underground Oven
- Teriyaki Beef (GF)
- Whole Kernel Corn (V/GF)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (V)
- Molokai Sweet Potato (V/GF): Purple Sweet Potato Variety that is Steamed and Served with Coconut Syrup and Flakes
Keiki (Children) Menu:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (V)
- White Cake with White Frosting and Coconut Shavings (V)
- Guava Cream Tarts (V): Filling Guava Jam and Vanilla Pudding on a Tart Crust
- Haupia (V/GF): Hawaiian Dessert of Gelatin Coconut Pudding
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Royal Lahaina Luau
Entrance to the Luau
- Where and When:
- Check in begins at 5:30pm for all sections.
Seating for VIP opens at 6:00pm.
Seating for Standard Opens at 6:30 pm.
Show Only Check in at 7:15-7:30 pm.
Starting October 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021 Times will be as follows:
Seating for VIP opens at 5:00 pm.
Seating for VIP opens at 5:30 pm.
Seating for Standard Opens at 6:00 pm.
Show Only Check in at 7:00-7:15 pm.
Check in Location:
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $5.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau