Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock
This Maui Luau is currently unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our
Maui Tours page for other available
Held oceanfront at the Sheraton Maui, the Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock shares the music, dance and history of Hawaii right here at the foot of the famous cliff diving point on Ka'anapali Beach.
After a fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available wooden necklaces are substituted) and a welcome Mai Tai, enjoy Hawaiian arts and crafts demonstrations and an authentic imu ceremony. Watch how the kalua roast pig, which has been slowly cooked in the traditional earthen oven, is uncovered to later become part of the big luau feast. There will also be a variety of hands-on activities, such as kapa and bookmark making, casual hulas and storytelling.
It will then be time to enjoy the all-you-can-eat luau buffet dinner, which features all the traditional luau favorites, such as kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, island-style chicken, grilled fish and much more. Don’t forget to leave some room to try the delicious chocolate cream pie, banana bread pudding and guava chiffon cake.
Dinner is followed by a spectacular Polynesian show that takes you on a voyage through the South Pacific. From the fierce warrior dances of Fiji and the exotic hypnotizing dances of the Tuamotus, to the legendary dance of the Tahitian princess Tiare and the intriguing fire-knife dance of Samoa, this is truly an unforgettable Polynesian extravaganza.
- Fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available a wooden necklace will be used as a substitute) , Mai Tai & Blue Hawaii cocktail
- Imu ceremony - Hawaiian underground oven cooking
- Kapa and bookmark making
- Casual hulas and storytelling
- Polynesian crafters
- All-you-can-eat luau buffet
- Pareo fashion show
- Tihati Polynesian Revue Spectacular
- Waipoli Greens – Ranch, Papaya Seed Dressing GF NF SF V
- Maui Gold Pineapple, Li Hing Mui GF NF SF DF V
- Lomi Lomi Salmon GF NF SF DF
- Potato Macaroni Salad NF SF V
- Pohole Fern Salad NF SF DF V
- Poi GF NF SF DF V
- Cucumber Namasu GF NF SF DF V
- Poke’ NF SF DF
- Local Style Fried Rice NF DF
- Steamed Moloka’i Sweet Potato, Coconut Butter Glaze GF NF SF V
- P.O.G BBQ Chicken GF SF NF DF
- Steamed Opakapaka, Asian Aromatic Relish NF DF
- Teriyaki Steak SF NF DF
- Vegetable Yakisoba NF DF
- Kalua Pig GF SF NF DF
- Chocolate Haupia Bar SF NF V
- Macadamia Chantilly Cake SF V
- Moloka’i Sweet Potato Crunch SF V
- GF = Gluten Free
- SF = Shellfish Free
- NF = Nut Free
- DF = Dairy Free
- V = Vegetarian
Please note: Menu is subject to change based on seasonality.
Cliff Dive Ceremony
Maui Nui Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Preferred Guest Seating opens at 4:30 pm (may change seasonally).
Standard Guest Seating opens at 4:45 pm (may change seasonally).
Check-in is at the Sheraton Maui Resort.
Sheraton Maui Resort (View Map)
Validated parking is $2 that is paid directly to the parking
attendant upon exiting. Valet parking is available at $5 per car.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Guests in the preferred seating section attending with an infant (ages 0-5): If the child does not need a seat then there is no additional fee.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Kaanapali Sunset Luau