Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock
Held oceanfront at the Sheraton Maui, the Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock shares the music, dance and history of Hawaii right here at the foot of the famous cliff diving point on Ka'anapali Beach.
After a fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available wooden necklaces are substituted) and a welcome Mai Tai, enjoy Hawaiian arts and crafts demonstrations and an authentic imu ceremony. Watch how the kalua roast pig, which has been slowly cooked in the traditional earthen oven, is uncovered to later become part of the big luau feast. There will also be a variety of hands-on activities, such as kapa and bookmark making, casual hulas and storytelling.
It will then be time to enjoy the all-you-can-eat luau buffet dinner, which features all the traditional luau favorites, such as kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, island-style chicken, grilled fish and much more. Don’t forget to leave some room to try the delicious chocolate cream pie, banana bread pudding and guava chiffon cake.
Dinner is followed by a spectacular Polynesian show that takes you on a voyage through the South Pacific. From the fierce warrior dances of Fiji and the exotic hypnotizing dances of the Tuamotus, to the legendary dance of the Tahitian princess Tiare and the intriguing fire-knife dance of Samoa, this is truly an unforgettable Polynesian extravaganza.
- Fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available a wooden necklace will be used as a substitute) , Mai Tai & Blue Hawaii cocktail
- Imu ceremony - Hawaiian underground oven cooking
- Kapa and bookmark making
- Casual hulas and storytelling
- Polynesian crafters
- All-you-can-eat luau buffet
- Pareo fashion show
- Tihati Polynesian Revue Spectacular
- Waipoli Greens – Ranch, Papaya Seed Dressing
- Maui Gold Pineapple, Li Hing Mui
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Potato Macaroni Salad
- Pohole Fern Salad
- Cucumber Namasu
- Local Style Fried Rice
- Steamed Moloka’i Sweet Potato, Coconut Butter Glaze
- P.O.G BBQ Chicken
- Steamed Opakapaka, Asian Aromatic Relish
- Teriyaki Steak
- Vegetable Yakisoba
- Kalua Pig
- Chocolate Haupia Bar
- Macadamia Chantilly Cake
- Moloka’i Sweet Potato Crunch
Please note: Menu is subject to change based on seasonality.
Maui Nui Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm for the luau.
Sheraton Maui Resort (View Map)
Validated parking is $2 that is paid directly to the parking
attendant upon exiting. Valet parking is available at $5 per car.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Guests in the preferred seating section attending with an infant (ages 0-5): If the child does not need a seat then there is no additional fee.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Kaanapali Sunset Luau