Held at the Maui Ocean Center's award winning Seascape Restaurant, Huaka'i Luau invites you to an evening of Hawaiian and Polynesian culture, brought to life through musical entertainment, cultural dances and a delicious dinner.
Sit down to a delicious luau dinner, featuring a blend of traditional island dishes and continental favorites (for the "less adventuresome")! Leave some room for dessert too. To quench your thirst, there is an open bar that includes unlimited beer, wine, soda, juices and water.
The evening culminates with a fantastic Polynesian show featuring music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia. Let us share with you Momi 'O Ka Pakipika, Hawaii, the pearl of the Pacific through the music and story of Huaka'i, Journey Through Polynesia.
General - Includes cultural activities, a Hawaiian cocktail upon entrance, dinner buffet and Hawaiian entertainment
- In addition to the general inclusions, VIP includes the best seating
area, a flower hair piece for women and a kukui nut lei for men, and
admission passes to the Maui Ocean Center (to be used another day after
- Mai Tai or pineapple juice welcome drink
- Cultural activities
- Luau show
- Delicious multi-course Hawaiian-American luau dinner
- Limited full bar (no blended drinks)
**Due to COVID guidelines, mandates and restrictions services, menu
items, number of guest per table, etc may change without notice.
- Kula Greens - Mixed Local Greens with Lilikoi, Ranch, or Papaya Seed Dressing **
- Namasu - pickled onion, carrot, cucumber**
- Poi - traditional mashed taro**
- Ahi Poke - ahi tuna, seaweed, onion, tomato, scallion, seasme citrus marinade
- Lomi Salmon - salted salmon, tomato, onion**
- Pineapple, Papaya & Melon **
- Taro & Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Steamed Vegetables - molokai sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, red potatoes **
- Luau Leaf - taro leaf with coconut milk**
- Fried Rice - sesame stir fried vegetables, pineapple, shoyu, furikake**
- BBQ Short Rib - braised beef short rib, mango bbq sauce**
- Seared Mahi - tropical fruit salsa**
- Shoyu Chicken - sweet & savory roasted chicken thigh**
- Kalua Pork - smokey slow roasted fork tender pulled pork**
Kids Buffet Table:
- Crispy Chicken Tenders **
- Kalua Pig Sliders
- Green Beans & Carrots **
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Fruit Salad **
- Jello **
- Toasted Coconut Haupia Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Chocolate Macadamia Madness Brownies
- Lilikoi Bar **
- Kahuna Casserole
- Gluten Free - Anything on the menu with a **. There are several Gluten Free options.
- Vegan Items - Local Salad, Vegetables, Poi and Pineapple
- Vegetarian Items - Taro Leaf and Coconut Milk, Molokai Sweet Potatoes & Steamed Vegetables
- Mai Tai, Pineapple Juice, Full limited open bar (no blended drinks) that includes unlimited beer, wine, soda, juices & water
Fire Knife Dance
Best Maui Luau
- Where and When:
- April - October: Check in at 5:00 pm, Luau ends at approximately 8:15 pm
November - March: Check in at 4:30 pm, Luau ends at approximately 7:45 pm.
Check in at the Seascape Maalaea Restaurant at the Maui Ocean Center. View Map
There is free parking at the Maui Ocean Center.
- COVID REGULATIONS
As of Sept 15th, 2021, all guests 12 years and older must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated since the luau is held within a restaurant setting. This means that 2 weeks must have passed since the last dose in a 2 dose series or since the one dose vaccine was administered. Guests must show an ID (for adults) and completed vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) in original, photocopied, or digital form; the Hawaii SMART Health Card digital health pass; or other similar vaccination documentation from a healthcare provider are acceptable proof of vaccination.
Huakai Luau will follow all current Maui County and Hawaii state regulations in regard to COVID-19 policies and requirements. These may fluidly change with little chance to update all guests in a timely manner.
As long as Maui County requires, there will be a maximum of 10 guests seated at the same table with mingling between tables being prohibited. This may be reduced or increased as Maui County changes restrictions for operations with COVID-19 safety in mind.
Masks are required to enter the luau.
If someone has special dietary needs, food allergies, or requests for seating assistance for people using a wheelchair or walking cane, requests must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Special Notes:
- Hours of operation and menu are subject to change without notice due to weather, seasonality of food, COVID-19 restriction updates, etc.
Infants (0-4) are able to have their own seat and plate of dinner.
- Operation Days:
- Wednesday & Sunday in November and daily around the Christmas & New Year holiday season
- Huakai Luau