Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock
Held oceanfront at the Sheraton Maui, the Maui Nui Luau at Black Rock shares the music, dance and history of Hawaii right here at the foot of the famous cliff diving point on Ka'anapali Beach.
After a fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available wooden necklaces are substituted) and a welcome Mai Tai, enjoy Hawaiian arts and crafts demonstrations and an authentic imu ceremony. Watch how the kalua roast pig, which has been slowly cooked in the traditional earthen oven, is uncovered to later become part of the big luau feast. There will also be a variety of hands-on activities, such as kapa and bookmark making, casual hulas and storytelling.
It will then be time to enjoy the all-you-can-eat luau buffet dinner, which features all the traditional luau favorites, such as kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, island-style chicken, grilled fish and much more. Don’t forget to leave some room to try the delicious chocolate cream pie, banana bread pudding and guava chiffon cake.
Dinner is followed by a spectacular Polynesian show that takes you on a voyage through the South Pacific. From the fierce warrior dances of Fiji and the exotic hypnotizing dances of the Tuamotus, to the legendary dance of the Tahitian princess Tiare and the intriguing fire-knife dance of Samoa, this is truly an unforgettable Polynesian extravaganza.
- Fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available a wooden necklace will be used as a substitute) , Mai Tai & Blue Hawaii cocktail
- Imu ceremony - Hawaiian underground oven cooking
- Kapa and bookmark making
- Casual hulas and storytelling
- Polynesian crafters
- All-you-can-eat luau buffet
- Pareo fashion show
- Tihati Polynesian Revue Spectacular
- Upcountry Mixed Green Salad
- Papaya Seed Vinaigrette, Creamy Garlic-Herb Dressing, Oriental Vinaigrette Cucumber and Maui Onions Salad
- Maui Gold Pineapple Salad with Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Green Pea and Roasted Mix Nut Salad
- Asian-Style Somen Salad with Scallions and Kamaboko
- New Potato Salad with Upcountry Herb Vinaigrette
- Fresh Baked Sweet Taro Rolls and Whipped Butter
- Slow-Roasted Kalua Pork, Steamed Kula Cabbage, Sautéed Maui Onion
- Island-Stype Pulehu Chicken, Soy-Ginger Glaze, Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Pacific Catch, Ginger-Lemongrass Butter Sauce
- Lomi Lomi Salmon and Poi
- Hawaiian-Style Fried Rice
- Steamed Molokai Sweet Potatoes, Toasted Shaved Coconut with Coconut Butter Glaze
- Guava Chiffon Cake with Toasted Coconut
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Pie
- Mango Bread Pudding with Tahitian Vanilla Bean Custard Sauce
- Traditional Haupia Coconut Pudding
- Assorted Cookies
- Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Please note: Menu is subject to change based on seasonality.
Cocktail Show Only Option:
Cocktail Show Only option includes open bar and show. Non-alcoholic beverages are available for guests under 21. Cocktail Show Only does not include food. Premier seating is not available. Ages listed for Cocktail Show Only applies to cocktail show rates. Check-in time is 6:45 pm for the Cocktail Show Only option.
Maui Nui Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm for the luau. For the cocktail show, check-in is at 6:00 pm.
Sheraton Maui Resort (View Map)
Validated parking is $2 that is paid directly to the parking
attendant upon exiting. Valet parking is available at $5 per car.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Guests in the preferred seating section attending with an infant (ages 0-5): If the child does not need a seat then there is no additional fee.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Kaanapali Sunset Luau