The Grand Luau at Honua'ula
This top South Maui luau is held at a beautiful oceanfront location at the Grand Wailea Resort. Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a Hawaiian lei. The evening festivities begin with the traditional torch lighting ceremony, which is followed by the unearthing of the kalua roast pig from the imu, the earthen oven.
The luau buffet dinner features a wide variety of island favorites, including kalua pork, shoyu chicken, macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi (island fish) and grilled sirloin steak. Dinner is followed by a spectacular Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia.
Luau Buffet Menu:
- Lei greeting
- Torch lighting and Imu ceremony
- Hawaiian lawn games
- Temporary tattoos
- Hula lessons
- Photos with cast members in full costume
- Luau buffet
- Polynesian show
Appetizers & Salads
- Ahi Poke | Lomi-Lomi Salmon | Fresh Poi | Green Papaya Salad
- Potato Mac Salad | Maui Grown Lettuce Bar | Cucumber Namasu
- Maui Gold Pineapple and Kumu Farms Coconut Chips
- Sweet Bread Rolls with Macadamia Nut Butter
- Farm Raised N.Y. Steaks
- House Made Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Molokai Sweet Potatoes
- Guava Syrup & Mac Nut Butter
- Roasted Macadamia Mahi-Mahi
- Young Coconut & Kaffir Lime Sauce
- Shoyu Chicken
- Kalua Pig
- Island Fried Rice
- Lup Chong , Kumu Farm Vegetables, Hamakua
- Mushroom Sauce
- Maui Chow Fun
- Vegetables and Pork Char Siu
Island Style Desserts
- Chocolate Brownies topped with Macadamia Nuts | Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake | Traditional Hawaiian Haupia
- Guava Mousse | Freshly Brewed Hawaiian Paradise Coffee
- Decaffeinated Coffee | Assorted Teas
- Hosted bar featuring: Mai Tai | Pina Colada | Mixed Drinks
- Beer | Wine | Assorted Soft Drinks
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice.
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy free, Gluten free, Peanut free, etc.
A special gluten free entrée of plain chicken breast with grilled veggies is available upon advance request.
A special vegan entrée of grilled veggies is available upon advance request.
Maui Oceanfront Luau
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:00 pm.
Located oceanfront at the Grand Wailea.
3850 Wailea Alanui Drive. View Map
Complimentary validated parking available (may be subject to change for advanced dates).
Premium Seating begins entering the luau grounds about 4:30 pm.
Standard Seating begins entering the luau grounds about 5:00 pm.
Once you have checked in and have your wrist bands on, you can either wait in line to enter or return at 5:10 pm when the line is likely gone. A seating captain will escort your party to your assigned table.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Infant charges will apply when a seat is occupied for premium seating. There is a limit of 2 free children under 5.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Menu items are subject to change without notice.
If Premium Seating is not open, Standard seats will be booked for you. It will be noted on the ticket and you will be refunded the difference.
Transportation is not provided.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- 4 hours
- Capricorn Events