The Grand Luau at Honua'ula
This top South Maui luau is held at a beautiful oceanfront location at the Grand Wailea Resort. Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a Hawaiian lei. The evening festivities begin with the traditional torch lighting ceremony, which is followed by the unearthing of the kalua roast pig from the imu, the earthen oven.
The luau buffet dinner features a wide variety of island favorites, including kalua pork, shoyu chicken, macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi (island fish) and grilled sirloin steak. Dinner is followed by a spectacular Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia.
Luau Buffet Menu:
- Lei greeting
- Torch lighting and Imu ceremony
- Hawaiian lawn games
- Temporary tattoos
- Hula lessons
- Photos with cast members in full costume
- Luau buffet
- Polynesian show
Appetizers & Salads:
- Surf and Turf Poke (Pipikaula, Shrimp, Maui Onions, Pohole Ferms, Kim Chee Base & Wasabi Vinaigrette)
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Fresh Poi
- Green Papaya Salad with Lime and Cilantro Flavor
- Potato Mac Salad
- Maui Grown Lettuce Bar
- Cucumber Namasu
- Maui Gold Pineapple and Kula Strawberries
- Sweet Bread Rolls and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Maui Cattle Grilled Top Sirloin Steaks Glazed with Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Molokai Sweet Potatoes Glazed with Guava Syrup and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Fried Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi with Light Coconut & Lime - Flavored Sauce
- Shoyu Chicken
- Kalua Pig
- Stir Fried Vegetables Wok Fried and Seasoned with Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic
- Island Style Fried Rice Lup Chong and Vegetables, Enhanced with Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil
- Chow Fun Noodles
- Chocolate Brownie topped with Macadamia Nuts
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Traditional Hawaiian Haupia
- Guava Mousse
- Standard / House Cocktails
- Domestic Beers
- White Wine by the Glass
- Red Wine by the Glass
- Blended / Tropical Cocktails (Mai Tai, Pina Coladas)
- Soft Drinks
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice.
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy free, Gluten free, Peanut free, etc.
A special gluten free entrée of plain chicken breast with grilled veggies is available upon advance request.
A special vegan entrée of grilled veggies is available upon advance request.
Maui Oceanfront Luau
- Where and When:
- Located oceanfront at the Grand Wailea,
3850 Wailea Alanui Drive. View Map
Check-in is at 4:00 pm. Starting June 1st, check-in is at 5:00 pm.
Complimentary validated parking available (until May 31).
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Infant charges will apply when a seat is occupied for premium seating. There is a limit of 2 free children under 5.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Menu items are subject to change without notice.
If Premium Seating is not open, Standard seats will be booked for you. It will be noted on the ticket and you will be refunded the difference.
Transportation is not provided.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- 4 hours
- Capricorn Events